more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ultimate Blog Boost Challenge #8

playing catch up so this is my second post for the day... i know you're tired of me by now!!!

Just wanted to let those new followers and UBBC participants know a little something about me. I hate moths, and it seems butterflies, and all things flappy and winged that may end up entangled in your eyelashes or such.
This is not a new affliction, it has been with me for a very, very long time. I recall standing on a chair in the kitchen one summer, probably early teens, and I was flapping a dish towel around my head trying to deter a poor moth from landing anywhere near me. This also involved a lot of screaming and hulabaloo!!!

So this weekend when we visited a particularly beautiful spot in South GA I was torn... torn right down the middle.... there were beautiful butterflies alighting gently on the lovely flowers... oooh great pic... but oooh they are butterflies!!!! That means a little flapping... and a little freakin' out by me.


but thankfully my super power kicked in and I could grab a couple of pretty shots, I love pictures of butterflies... just not being so close to the darn things themselves.......
and then there it is..... a Luna Moth.... oh yeah... in all it's gorgeous glory....and Syd had just given me a lesson on these the other day. She was beside herself to actually witness one, resting in the shade. Although the hairs on my neck were standing up to attention, I set the zoomy lens and grabbed a couple of shots... and very proud of them I am too. So, not only do I have a couple of gorgeous shots, the type I like best, I have managed to pull out my superpower again... the one where I stare adversity in the eye... and adversity blinks.

6 comments:

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Ooooh, so brave of you to face your fears! And TOTALLY worth it, GREAT pics!! Thanks for taking the risk!!

Brian Miller said...

thanks for braving your fears for us...i like butterflies...

Unknown said...

I LOVE it when adversity blinks! Take that! Beautiful moth... I used to live on a ranch (further south than here) where they were a fairly regular occurance... Beautiful pictures!

Gwen said...

Good for you taking photos through your fear. I don't like flying bugs either. LOL!!! Beautiful photos too!!! XOXO

Michelle Shaeffer said...

Gorgeous photos!

Ashley Sisk said...

What beautiful butterflies - I'm never fast enough with my camera. Thanks also for stopping by my blog and following. I'm following back.

Previous Ramblings....