more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Monday, August 9, 2010

One more step and I'm done.... ubbc#9

Today was a very long, very exhausting and very emotional day. It began with a cacophony of bullshit, which is totally behind me now so I'm not going to blog about it; complete and utter bygones.

Ash was sick again so I had to make the fifteen gazillion mile round trip to Atlanta Sans Loving husband, he stayed home to take care of her. I have never been to the immigration people without him there to support me and I totally missed him... like I was walking in there naked or something!! At times like this, it really hits home why it is you are married to the one you're married to.  He is truly my rock!!!!

Anyhoodles, out popped my Superpowers again and I got myself up there without a hitch, got myself to the right office and got through the interview.... only hitch there was that the interviewer disliked the fact I was chewing gum and asked me to spit it out in his trash can, third grader style. I guess he wanted to wiff my nervous breath instead!!! believe me the Winterfresh is far less offensive. I sailed through the interview and the crazy thing was.... the answer to "have you been arrested?" never changed, all five hundred freakin' times he asked me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm a little tired?

Made it back safely and was surprised by the goofy neighbors in the yard waving their American Flags... I love our next door family!!!! Thanks guys!!!!! Then was surprised some more by his gorgeousness who had bought me my fav bottle of Red... I love you Gorgeous man... now... please, please come with me next week to be sworn in... I know I can't do that without you!!!!!

Night kids.....tomorrow is another day!!!

8 comments:

Michelle Shaeffer said...

Isn't it crazy when people keep asking the same question? Honest answers just don't change. :)

May tomorrow be a better day!

rxBambi said...

hey... have you ever been arrested?

rxBambi said...

just kidding! i love ya!

Brian Miller said...

so they never asked how many times? who do we have protecting our borders....smiles. good job making it on your own...

Char said...

yay!!! totally great that you're one of us now. hahahaha

Conny said...

I love your neighbors for that gesture of flag waving (and I don't even know them.) I remember that I was in 2nd grade when my dad became a citizen - two of his friends presented him with a very expensive American flag, which we still have today.

Congratulations. The swearing in will be quite a memorable occasion. Cheers to you ~

Mrs. M said...

I totally get the gum chewing thing (throwing it out). It really distracts me...although I'd never ASK.

Get some rest - it is well earned!

Julia said...

Congratulations!! You are now one of them lol Well done :)

Previous Ramblings....