more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

See this.... ubbc#19


87/365 purple, originally uploaded by McGillicutty1.
This beautiful plant... how gorgeous and bright are the colors on the flowers, just sitting there like a jewel on the patio, waiting to be adored by all.

It lasted all of three freakin' weeks!!!! No matter what I did to this think it was just not happy, not happy at all. I'm not mad because I did get some really satisfying pictures of it... i use one as my banner.... see?

But, honestly, how is that some plants (mainly the ugly ones) can prosper and grow where e'er they are and others (mainly the gorgeous ones) will wilt in a skinny minute!!!!!!!!

I don't get it... I haven't done too well with my plants this summer so I'm off to empty the pots and replace them with ferns. Can't go wrong with a few ferns really can you?

So, who out there has green fingers (or a green thumb as the American's say) (which I will be tomorrow, so I"ll be saying it then).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can take them back to home depot for up to a year if that's where you got it??? apparently??? I don't know if that includes abused plants...kidding.

Julia said...

My tomatoes were very disappointing this year. Something got to them and they all died. I had such lovely homegrown tomatoes last year :(

Denise said...

awww...I am having problems with my outdoor plants this summer. They were so beautiful in the beginning, but this very hot (for us) Maine weather and the forgetting to water has killed most of them. I need to clean them out this weekend!
My house plants were already a mess, so I set them outside, fed them some miracle grow and they are doing better!
I am so glad I found your blog through the blog challenge...
Denise
www.dancinglydenise.typepad.com

rxBambi said...

I tell you what. I can't kill my effin cudzu. it's making me nuts. I'm thinking of just letting it overrun the whole freaking house. at least it'll smother the weeds then...

Previous Ramblings....