more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Have you heard of my little town??? ubbc#27

OK folks, raise your hand if you've ever heard of Thomasville, GA.
You there in the back.... any clue?? maybe driven thru a time or two on your
way to Sunny Florida... or you with the hair on your head... maybe spent an afternoon 
on a plantation here hunting??? possibly visited us at Christmas to enjoy the Victorian festivities?

Well for the unenlightened I thought I'd share a couple of things with you. 

There are a lot of little secrets here in T-ville, we have a lot of big name visitors that 
I will keep under my hat in order to preserve their privacy, wouldn't want those 
pesky paparazzi types disrupting our idyllic peaceful existence. We also have some real 
gems when it comes to entertainment and cuisine... oh yeah... the best shrimp and grits for
miles around can be found right here in South Ga. 
We are also known as the City of Roses and you can find beautiful blooms all over 
town pretty much year round.

There are lots of Bed and Breakfasts, lovely old houses full of character, 
charm and southern hospitality. 


 And don't forger the Big Oak... you can see more on the Big Oak
here... this tree has captured the imagination of my girls for as long as they
can remember... they used to tell me that fairies lived in the Big Oak. 


So peeps... hope to see you here real soon. I'd be happy to show you around.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man! I'd so love to visit! Must make list on dreamy new iPad of places to visit... Although I must admit, I will be waiting until it doesn't hover around a thousand degrees before I trek your way... Just sayin'

Brian Miller said...

i used to travel GA pretty extensively for work...chances are i just might have...

Gail said...

I shall put T-ville on my list if I ever get to travel to Georgia again.

rxBambi said...

I'm so so sad. I really wish I could come and visit you. Stinking husband. You need to work on him for me.

Liz Mays said...

It sounds like heaven to me!!!

Previous Ramblings....