more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Prilosec anyone?????? (ubbc#5)

OK, I'm the mother of two kids, not babies.... kids.
So why am I still being disturbed in the middle of the night? Acid Refux.... 
that's why?? Anyone else have a kid with this affliction???

What the hell do I do??? 

For a while now I've been thinking that Ash has been host to every virus
around and couldn't think why she never runs a fever or why these 4am 
bouts of vomiting don't last...and then while talking with one of the wisest
Mama's I know she mentioned acid reflux could be the cause. Thanks L, 
I think you hit the nail on the head. Now what do I do???

I have to do something 'cos I'm an exhausted wreck and poor little
Ash is having the hardest time with it. I figured we'll go see the Doc next week
and until then I'll go see the pharmacist (I love pharmacists) and deal
with it the best I can. 
Not a thrilling post this morning, sorry, mainly cos I'm drained and 
I have a lot to do to get ready for a fleeting visit from the In Laws.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips on dealing with this??
Puulleeaaasseeee!!!!! 


7 comments:

Lynn said...

For now, have Ash sleep on her back, if possible, propped up on a couple of pillows. When I do medical transcription, the docs always recommend this for folks with acid reflux. Harder for kids to stay in that position, but it could help. Also watch diet. Tomatoes,chocolate and such can aggravate it. Might help until you can get to the doc! Good luck--poor you and the tyke.

Tracie said...

No citrus, no caffeine, no chocolate. Give her a prilosec or prevacid.

Char said...

poor baby....i'm so sorry she's suffering

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Poor little thing. I'm afraid I don't have a solution, but I wanted you to know I feel for you and will pray for her recovery soon!!

Julia said...

You can place something under the head end of the mattress to keep it more upright at that end, like rolled up towels. We do that when our kids have congestion, never dealt with acid reflux though. Hope you all can get some rest soon :)She looks so sad in that pic.

spudballoo said...

Oh poor girl. i suffered with this terribly when pregnant with diggy. Sleeping upright, watching the diet, gaviscon (bleargh) helped though.

Hope the Dr can help xx

Barb said...

yes, I have reflux and when it's acting up, putting an extra pillow under my upper body seems to help. Also, I've put bricks under the front feet of my kids' beds to elevate their heads before. That seems a little more comfortable than pillows to them.
I'd get to the doc to confirm reflux. It could always be something else.
Keeping you in my thoughts!

Previous Ramblings....