more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Moments of slapdash, bullcrap and other daily delights....


So dear heart it's 4:47 am and I can't sleep, what goes through you head at this time in the morning really should be jotted down and shared... scary thought!!  Here goes.... 

Why is it you can lie there thinking funny, random, off the wall thoughts and when you get to the keyboard you go blank???? 

Did you know I once learned how to sing My Dingaling in Flemish when I was on a trip to Belgium? I have been meaning to share that for some time. 

Hubby's first trip on an airplane was on the Concorde!!! How impressive, that's really why I married him.  He had broken the sound barrier and as far as I'm concerned that's what it's all about, forget the Hokey Pokey. 

How is it you can have two kids that are complete polar opposites, I have been asked this many a time and I don't have an answer.  I let them sleep with me tonight and they are even different in slumber (hey, maybe that's why you're awake dumbass) Syd lays still and quiet, probably dreaming of animals and nature, all things beautiful.  Ashley is thrashing around, I can tell she's running in her dreams, and she talks out loud... chocolate cake and bandaids.  Take this as a warning people, if you're trying to conceive, please lay off the Kentucky moonshine. 

Where do all the mosquitoes go at four in the morning?  When you want to be outside relaxing at a reasonable time you're eaten alive by them, do they just call it a night and go to bed when there is no more human flesh hanging around out there?

I really should have researched shih tzu's before getting them, I adore them don't get me wrong but I can't groom them to save my life. Can't brush them, have severe problems bathing them and as a result they look like two frightened Puffer Fish.  Note to self... MUST CALL GROOMER today...then have someone else drop the little darlings off because I'm too embarrassed to do it myself. 

Tomorrow is Ashley's fifth birthday.... WOW... how did that happen? And since when did a 4/5 year old have a vocabulary like that?? She uses words like Voila, fabulous and actually like they are in every Janet and John book you've ever seen... or Jane and John or whatever it is in your country.... you get the picture. 

When we win the Lottery will we really by a Porsche Cianne?  Do we really need one? What would that feel like to drive around T-ville in a beautiful pinnacle of German engineering...would I have a chauffeur?  Mmmm. How many pairs of sunglasses would I need in order to look cool in every outfit while I am driving around in said dream car.  Definitely buy a Mini Cooper without a doubt and have a Union Jack on the roof... yeah baby. 

The idea of having a sitter this summer is AWESOME... the girls are loving it, the sitters seem to love it, I love it.  It's a lovefest!!! I am starting to notice that after a week of relaxing and not having the stress of getting up early and having this and that done and running here and there, the girls are starting to look less haggard.  Isn't that hideous to have to say that of little kids, but it's true. Their eyes have a lot more sparkle, their skin is glowing, they just look beautiful and happy.  Exhale.... 

Time for tea....yes I still drink tea in the mornings when I wake up.. nothing like it. So I am done rambling for this morning and I will enjoy a cup of tea before the madness begins again.  Bon Matin Tous Les Monds!!!! 




6 comments:

julochka said...

i drink tea in the morning too, but i'm never that manic at 4:47 AM. unless i've stayed up 'til then. i never GET up then.

and no cayenne...think of the planet, man!!!

McGillicutty said...

Oh look and you can even spell it!!! hahaha just shows what I know!!! I'll stick to the mini!!!

Indiri Wood said...

I'm always embarrased to take my dog to the groomer. He's a short haired dog and his butt is extremely tufted now that it's warming up outside. I could comb another dog off of him (how I *wish* I was exagerrating). Sigh...

Winning the lottery would be tough (not that I'm unwilling to try it). I couldn't pick just one vehicle and I'd want to buy several. So even as a millionaire, there *still* wouldn't be garage space!

jane said...

i love this! you crack me up! hugs-jane

Unknown said...

I agree! Breaking the sound barrier is what it's all about! :)
My mum still asks herself the same question about two different daughters, my sister and I are complete opposite!

McGillicutty said...

Jane... I can't help it I crack myself up too!

B... why do we always think siblings should be alike anyway but we do. Opposites are great, keeps me young!!!

Previous Ramblings....