more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Corner View...Staple Foods.... Thomasville, GA

OK....now from Thomasville GA, the first thing I present in today's CV is Branston, if you're a regular you know I love it... it's shown here with a Ritz cracker, a little cheddar cheese and the Branston tops it off!! yum... yes it's a staple for me!!!

Next up... the delicious tomato... another staple in most diets, even people who hate them will eat them in spaghetti sauce, chili, pizza blah blah blah... in T-ville you can get them at the Farmer's Market....

Mmmm Branston and Tomatoes......

In GA there is nothing like fresh fruit, watermelon, cantaloupes, grapes, pineapple... well the pineapple isn't native but it's totally fantastic with the others... yum!!!!!

And yes they all go well with Branston.....


Here's a lovely selection of GA goodness right from the Farmers Market again... all good stuff and all goes well with yes...... somehow you can pair everything with Branston... as you can red wine.

A small selection of British staples I found in my pantry......... can you guess which of these may be more of a fave of mine than the rest??????????? now check out some other Corner View staples from the other Corner Viewers........ thanks for visiting!!!!

jane, ladybug-zen, ian, bonnie, esti, sophie, cele, modsquad, caitlin, joyce, ani, kim, a day that is dessert, natsumi, epe, kaylovesvintage, trinsch, c.t., jeannette, outi, schanett, ritva, francesca, state of bliss, jennifer, dana, denise, cabrizette, bohemia girl, dianna, isabelle, amber, a girl in the yellow shoes, mister e, janis, kari, jgy, skymring, elizabeth, audrey, allison, lise, cate, mon, victoria, crescent moon, erin, otli, amy, ida, caroline, lisa, dorte, kimmie, la lune dans le ciel, nicola, malo, vanessa, britta, virgina, april, b, kyndale samantha, karen, kristina, dorit, goldensunfamily, sophie, janet, mcgillicutty, desiree, di, travelingmama, aimee, sunnymama, amanda, ali, jenell, guusje, britta, juanita, pamela, inna, daan, myrtille, cris, ibb, susi, jodi, lily, gillian, jeanette, athena, pienduzz, latisha, clairette, satsuki

16 comments:

Mari Mansourian said...

lovely.... ok maybe I'm just ??? but am I the only one who doesn't know what Branston is... please tell me so I don't feel so out of the loop.
thanks :)

Unknown said...

Sorry, I don't know what Branston is either! :( But that fruit looks yummy!

Pamela said...

Mmmmm, Branston! You must live near a British foods store - lucky you!

Allison said...

I love pickles, but I have never tried your brand... what do the locals think of it? Pickles and melons sounds like an interesting combination to me... if I were to eat that I would have many questions if my belly would be large nine months later.

McGillicutty said...

Hi there... just re-read my post and have to clarify that Branston is a Brit thing and I'm probably the only person in South Georgia eating it!!! I love it, I love it, I love it.

Francesca said...

So, how do you like Branston:)? I worked in London for years, and I never tasted Branston:(

jane said...

what the heck is brantson? now, of course, i want some...:) besos-jane

caitlin said...

Interesting. I have never heard of Branston either. I am guessing it's a brand name.

The Bookworm said...

I like my Branston too, though perhaps not quite as much as you do :). The items in that last photo all looked surprisingly familiar for a blog from the US. I should probably have added Bisto to my list of staples.

rxBambi said...

I've never heard of it either until a few posts ago of yours. I guess it's some sort of pickle thing and all I can say is YUK!!! I hate the pickle. DETEST the pickle! ABHOR the icky pickle! Keep it the hell away from me, even if it is English. Blech...
But do you want to know how I really feel about the pickle??

McGillicutty said...

Oh Bambi you know you love it!!! I wish you'd just tell us how you really feel and quit beatin' about the pickle!!!!

Di said...

I guess Branston Pickle!!! I think that's the favourite item in your store cupboard!

Joyce said...

I'm new to Branston- never heard of it in my corner, but looks good! xoxo

Jodi said...

love the branston in all the shots. fun post.

;) said...

Funny pictures ;)

Dorte said...

Very funny post. Have no idea how this branston tastes like - guess it is one of those things you have to grow up with in order to like it so much!

Previous Ramblings....