more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bleary Eyes... but the vision is clear.....

Good morning dear heart.... this is the view I have had for the past 24 hours. I am thankful to say we're on the way out of this little nightmare. My angel is managing to keep down some water at regular intervals and she's been a fantastic recipient of the suppositories. She will even open her eyes and take sips of water and then go right back to sleep without any fuss whatsoever. I went in at four this morning to give her the meds and some water, I asked how she was feeling and she gave me the a-okay sign with her little fingers. I have to say her bravery this past few days has totally touched my heart in a way I never thought possible. Unlike me, she didn't cry every time her little body wretched and shook, and when she had the IV inserted she only flinched a little, the nurse told her she was the bravest five year old they have ever seen.

For me it's been like taking care of a newborn again, a schedule to keep to, wondering if the little sips she's taking are enough to keep her hydrated. Rereading the notes the doc gave me to make sure I'm doing everything I should be... and the exhaustion of worrying about my little one! not to mention trying to keep the other one occupied and making sure she understands that she needs to wash, wash, wash her hands and take her vitamins...extra Vit C just in case. One thing I did notice last night was that I had set the alarm to make sure I got her meds into her at the correct time....there was no need, that mother alarm clock in your brain goes off right before the clock does!! It's still there people... it doesn't go away when they stop being babies. Recently I have been celebrating the girls independence and reveling in the fact that I don't have babies or toddlers any more I have kids that are supposed to need me less.... I guess the Big Man wanted to send me a reminder that I will always be their carer whether they are five, eight, fifteen, fifty eight. I will always be there.

Thanks for the support, both in the comments I have received here and in FB and the oh so wonderful friends here in T-ville which are basically family anyway.. I guess He sent these people to care for me, and I truly appreciate it. Happy Thursday dear world.... today is another day!!!

7 comments:

Jeannette said...

So good to read she´s doing better!
Take care and big hug, Jeannette

Unknown said...

Glad to know she is doing better! She looks so peaceful in that photo!

Spudballoo said...

Oh bless her, and you. She's absolutley beautiful and what a brave soldier she's being. I know what you mean, mine are 2 and 3 now and I'm really starting to get used to not having 'babies' around. But then the 2 year old had grommets fitted and I was all a-wibble again. And the 3 year old needs a LOT of cuddles at the moment.

They'll always be our babies!

And isn't it the pits nursing a really sick child with another in tow. Not like when you just had one and could entirely focus on that one. Jiggly juggly, that's what I call it....juggling everyone's needs. Jiggly juggly!

Hope she continues to improve. This is a lovely photograph, so peaceful. xx

;) said...

It's a beautiful picture !!! Really !

Mari Mansourian said...

so glad to hear that she's doing a bit better, you know... kids are very brave, at time braver that we are... and yes once a mom... it's with you forever... you don't stop worrying just cause they are older. My grandma (yaya) used to say the older they get the bigger the worries... so true.
:)

TvilleKnapps said...

I'm so glad she's doing a little better. She's a trooper for sure :-)

McGillicutty said...

Thanks everyone... and yes I love this pic even though I wish she hadn't been sick!!! My MIL says they're always your kids from erection to resurrection or something like that!!!!

Previous Ramblings....