more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bonjour Tous Les Monds....


I have been blogging like a real Mommy this week and I'm sick of it!!! Not being a real Mommy, although it does have it's moments.... I have been looking at some of the other blogs that I love and it's reminded me that this is MY place, my little corner to escape the real world.

I am starting to get cabin fever and this leads to trip planning overload in my head, why can't we just give it all up and get on the road... I could motor home school the kids right? They would be enriched beyond belief if we studied architecture in Rome, art in Paris, history in London, geography in the Rockies.... marine biology in Australia and math in Japan. This would also teach them about other cultures in their own little corners of the world...not as they are here trying to coexist with people who don't understand.

Very often we talk to our kids about where in the world we'd like to go but there are so many constrictions, school schedules, vacation time, fitting in visits to family..uhhh money!! oh yeah that old chestnut!!! So we have a big ole list and we've vowed to just grab the opportunity when we can. Syd is set on Tennessee right now... OK we can do that... sounds pretty good to me.. they have mountains right??? It's not too far away and will be great in the winter when there's snow. I guess my point is for now we can start small and as they grow, we grow, and our budget grows (hopefully) we can expand our horizons. They already have the advantage because they have been to England quite a few times which is more than a lot of kids their ages have done.

Of course hubby has the advantage on all of us because he's already been to a million places on the planet.... lucky sod. The only thing about that is that he's not a photographer, we have a few little shots of Pompeii and Austria... most of which he's in.... with a mustache!!!! wtf????

So my friends...where in the world do you plan on visiting???????????

6 comments:

spudballoo said...

Ooooh good question. Hmmm, well I've been all over the world but on my own for business.

I'd like my boys to be old enough to appreciate it, even if not old enough to remember. I'd love them to see Chicago, which is a city I worked in off and on for years, and New York the same. Paris, easy for us, Rome, Madrid etc etc.

I'd love to do Pompeii with two boys fired up about the Romans, and places I've never been like Scandania and Ireland!!!

how's your girl?

McGillicutty said...

She's doing really well but for the winny whining!!!! we are all back to being the whacky whacks that we are thanks.

julochka said...

we're currently pondering singapore, with possible side trips to malaysia and/or indonesia. it will be very spur of the moment and combined with work (for me), but i think we just might manage it. :-)

McGillicutty said...

How wonderful, and it goes without saying you're taking your camera(s) looking forward to seeing all the colorful pictures....can I come too????? luv..Ali.

rxBambi said...

I have always wanted to go to the Galpagos Islands. I've heard they are going to close them to tourists because we're damaging the ecosphere or something so I need to get there soon!

Unknown said...

I want to go everywhere! My dream trip was always South America, and I spent last year there. I'm dying to go to Japan next, but I don't know when it'll happen!

Previous Ramblings....