more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Humping Puppies....


We have two Shih Tzu's that are brother and sister, Mac and Daisy. They are very much adored and spoiled by everyone in the family (even Steve, although he'd deny it).
Lately though they have been a little amorous toward each other, nothing that a swift kick, prod or a loud "No" won't put a stop to. Well they were "at it" the other day and Sydney was shouting at them to quit humping. I just kind of ignored it until she came to me, got all up close to my face and told me she was very concerned about the dogs. "Why" I inquired, so she explained that first Mac was humping Daisy and she told him to stop and then Daisy was getting up on Mac and doing the humping. She learned the word humping from her beloved dog training show. She explained that they just won't stop. I remained kind of nonchalant and told her just to separate them. Then she asked the question to stop all mother's in their tracks, "Why don't grown ups like for dogs to hump?" You know in the movies when the room spins around and the character stays still... that's what happened. My mind was racing looking for the least controversial answer and struggling to keep the word, incest from spilling out of my mouth. There was a long pause and her little mouth opened and she said "because it's inappropriate???" "Yes" I hollered with excitement, "it's inappropriate and that's why we don't like them to do it". Fantastic, now I have the perfect reply to EVERYTHING!!!! If it's difficult to talk about and she'll learn about it later in life, it's going to be inappropriate. If it contains body parts and adult connotations it's going to be inappropriate. If I don't like something it's going to be inappropriate!!!! hahahahaaaa... Sweet... parents take this and role with it believe me it's a winner. Now if only I can find something to deal with Ashley's little questions.. she's not as accepting as Sydney and when I tell her something is inappropriate she's going to ask Why?????

No comments: