more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good Lord!!!! This stinks....

Just when you think you've got it bad because you're cutting coupons and getting cheaper childcare there's always someone worse off than you. What in the hell is going on, bailouts, bailouts, bailouts!!! Who's bailing out my friends who are losing their jobs and having huge pay cuts? Who's helping those who are trying to better themselves in college only to find there's no where to put their much needed talents to use. I hate it right now and I'm not about to offer a solution, I'm not that smart, if I were I'd be in Washington right? Except that I am a damn foreigner and we're all evil, right? So all I can do is hope and pray that this hideous phase in our lives will do two things, firstly teach the American public that we don't all need granite!!! It's pretty, yes, but if you're borrowing to have it, it's not worth it. You're not going to eat it when you have no food in your beautiful over decorated kitchens. Secondly I hope it will teach us to be more mindful of each other, treasure our friends and family instead of the stuff they have. Who really cares about what car you drive and the clothes you are wearing of you're a boring old fart? I am going to sell the house (uh yeah) and live in a field with my kids eating food we've grown and teaching them lessons of the land. OK maybe not, you all know I at least need a hairdryer and some Max Factor. But still the sentiment is genuine, let's get off this roller coaster and back to basics and let's do it soon people.
Rant over!!!!
p.s. I am so proud there wasn't one spelling mistake when I checked this blog! Woo.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Amen, sister!!!!