more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Steve!!!


It's Steve's big day today, I have decided to dedicate today's blog to him and let you know a little more about my adorable hubby. I can't believe how the time is passing by, we've know each other thirteen years now, we met in Spain and had the best first date I had ever had. I knew that day we would be together. Ahhh, are you throwing up yet??? He lied to me about his age cos he is younger than me and didn't want me to be turned off by the fact that I was robbing the middle school playground!!! hahaha.


Steve works really hard, too hard, because he's kind of a perfectionist when it comes to his job. I wish he'd be a little bit more of a perfectionist when it comes to the yard and laundry but that's OK. The kids bought him a fantastic present this year..... hedge trimmers!!!!! Yeah I know he's excited and can't wait to get out there and sculpt some peacocks in our front yard, look out Tabbs we're about to put you to shame. I bought him something that I hoped I would never ever in the happy years of our marriage have to by my husband; a ticket to see Steely Dan in June!!!!!! YUKKKK. I hate to even put the name Steely Dan in my blog!!!!!!! But, it's what he wants and it makes him very happy, he's pumped, so I am glad to have done it. Just don't tell anyone, please.


Last night we went to the Rose Parade, a huge event in South GA. Steve was excited about seeing the Chrome Diva's as you can see from the picture. He was a tiny bit disappointed because they were all wearing the same shirts and didn't look as skanky as they usually do. He lives to see the Chrome Diva's on their Hogs twice a year. We went with some friends and their kids and it was a good time had by all. He held baby Bailey for a while and he just looked so relaxed with her, she laid her head on his chest and patted his shoulder. For a minute there I thought "Oh my God he wants another baby". I had a dream last night that I was pregnant again and that we're having another girl.... AARRGGHHHHH. Please make this biological clock quit ticking!!!!


Back to Steve; tonight we're celebrating his birthday with friends, we're having a low country boil, which I have never had before so I'm really looking forward to this new experience. We're all taking our kids so they can run and play in the big back yard and it will be fantastic. Steve's a little on the shy side sometimes but when we're with close friends he'll come out of his shell and have a great time. I promised I would drive tonight too.... wtf. Well he's definitely worth it!!!

Happy Birthday Big Boy, we love you and today is your day, have fun!!!! now get out there and trim some hedges. LOL.


No comments: