more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Sunday, February 7, 2010

And Now for More Randomonium!!!!!

Regular readers will know that I am not a very consistent person...
I like to do my little Randomonium posts because it accomplishes 
two things... gets shit off my chest.. and illustrates the madness that is 
Mid Life Motherhood. 

I don't do them on a regular day.. of course not.. that would totally defeat
the randomness... duh!!!! 

This weeks ramdomonium starts with the whole thing about my bad luck 
with insurance claims!!! As soon as I went to work for an insurance agent
I had to make a claim on my home owners policy, then on my auto policy, 
then again a year later on my homeowners.... and this week.. guess what???
Husband backed my beloved Jeep into a pole. 
Dammit all. 

Next up.... snake hips McGilly Jr!!!. As illustrated in this pic, my youngest
princess has a total lack of success in the "keeping up your drawers" dept! 
I have tried several different styles and sizes of jeans on her this week and
still there's a problem of her crack attack!!! roll on the summer when she'll wear the 
the heck outta some little dresses!!!! 

Back to my love of all things Travolta.... have you ever actually met anyone with 
that last name other than the great man himself??? 
We watched The Taking of Pelham 123 the other night and I was soooo enthralled. 
It was great, he's a fantastic baddie... can't wait for his next movie coming out
on Friday, which just happens to be my birthday, I believe he purposely 
talked the studio into releasing it on my B-day because he loves me back!!! 
Shhhh don't tell Kelly... or McGorgeousness. 

The little ladies in my life just found a dead centipede outside... they're having 
some kind of ceremony for it. Thoughtful!! weird.. but thoughtful. 

Earlier this week I took the dogs to the vets because they were scratching like 
maniacs and disturbing my sleep. I thought they had some skin irritation or 
whatever so I dumped them at the vets and told them I wanted a complete
overhaul of these damn dogs and a good grooming. 
Mr McG went to pick them up because I was on my deathbed suffering from a 
mysterious bug. He said he felt like a total ass 'cos they told him that Mac was 
choc full o' fleas and Daisy had a huge anal abscess...sorry if you are 
snacking while you're reading this... GAG!!! 
I still find it hard to believe about the fleas, although since they treated him, 
the scratching has stopped. I have not seen one flea anywhere and believe me 
I am a total freak about that kind of thing!!! It's mind boggling. 

and finally... I am somewhat flippant.. OK totally blind to the feelings of 
others sometimes!! Seems that lately my dry sense of humor hasn't been 
very well received by some people... or in some cases... I have totally 
put my foot in my mouth and completely offended those within earshot. 
Here's my rebuttle... get out of earshot!!


and finally, finally, the guys are BS'ing around the fire pit.. I wish you could smell
it... I love the smell of burning wood!!!! so cozy!!! 

9 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I like the smell of burning wood and burning leaves. Yeah, a centipede funeral is unusual but at least they're not out burning ants with magnifying glasses like my little brothers did. Your kids have good hearts!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Yikes! Sorry about the Jeep and fleas and crack attack. You crack me up!

I have an award for you.

Hugs!!

Corrie Howe said...

I love the fact that your randomness is random. It wouldn't be the same if you scheduled it on the same day. Besides it gives you an excuse to post about those random thoughts as they come.

Brian Miller said...

ha. awesome randomness...my head is bowed for the centipede...duct tape worked wonders on my boys...ouch on the jeep!

Mama-Face said...

LOL. I love it. I love all things random and that you choose to do it on whatever random day you feel like it makes it all the better!

Travolta? Really? bahaha. I hope he lives up to your expectations. :)

beth said...

yikes....but I love total randomness !!! and in case I forget...happy birthday early :)

Unknown said...

Ah, McG! Ain't randomonium grand??? I enjoy it too! Have a splendid day!

McGillicutty said...

Stacy... I just sent you a lovely personal reply only to see that you have the no return thingy!!!!
Stick your email in your profile, there's a love, then we can have fun witty conversation without all these nosey I mean lovely followers!!!
Kiddin' people kiddin' you know I love you.. but you also know I like to send little emails personally too.

Conny said...

Once again you've got me cracking up with Randomonium!

When you said 'the guys are BS'ing around the fire pit.. I wish you could smell
it...' I was glad I couldn't smell burning B.S.! Wood smoke is much more tolerable.

Back to work for me now. Thanks for the chuckle. Cheers ~