more info on what goes on here in McGilly World

Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Meaning to Crack Head...

For any of you with a four year old I know your lives are so enriched by them. I always say that each stage of my daughters lives is my favorite, but four years old, has to be up there at the very top of the fave stage list (so far anyway). Ashley is an especially wonderful four year old and I think that her little wonderful self will always be "special" whatever age she is.

I asked her last night about her day at school and the Y, which she goes to for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Periodically I like to check on how the girls feel about their teachers, other kids in their class that type of thing. So last night it was about that time again and I asked her about her Y teachers, one of them was sick, Ashley wished her well. Then I asked about the other lady in the class and she told me that she does like her however "Miss Smith has cracks on herself". I laughed, "cracks on herself" I asked, "yes Mama, she's old and has cracks on herself". This was hilarious to Sydney and me so I dug a little deeper. "So, do you mean wrinkles? do I have cracks on myself?" "No" Ashley replied "You're not old".

Yeay me, I know I'm not old but I love to hear it from my kids, I may still be a crack head sometimes though!!!!! God Bless the Little Children!!!!!

No comments: